Subject:
"The" Course
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2007 13:52:04 GMT

I just had an idea about the Rock Crawling course.

I was thinking about how we can make it hard for the good trucks, and
possible for the not-so-good trucks.  The answer is two courses.  But
not two separate courses, just two paths for each obstacle.

So, there could be an obstacle, like a snow-mobile box in the middle
of the floor, that a truck has to drive onto.  One path goes up a
ramp onto the box, and another path has no ramp.  The no-ramp path is
worth more points.

(In "real" rock crawling, the scoring is like golf, where a
high-score is bad.  I'm going to suggest we go with a more-normal:
points-are-good system.)

So, considering time is not a factor in the scoring (beyond the
requirement that a truck complete the course within a maximum amount
of time) we can insure a truck taking the "harder" route will get
more points than a truck taking the "easy" route.

Thoughts?

Steve