 Organizations / United States / 763
762  |  764
Subject:
BrickVEGAS??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.cedarlug
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 2004 19:06:32 GMT

I was wondering if there would be any interest in a BrickVEGAS?

I have always wanted to go to either BrickWest or BrickFest but with a wife and a small family (I have a 2 year-old and new born), it really isn’t feasible to drive nor economical to fly.

However, with Vegas only 3 hours away, I could and would drive there. I, personally, would love to get together with a few other AFOLs and show off MOCs, talk, build and learn from others.

Vegas would be perfect for anyone in Nevada, Southern California, Utah, Arizona and maybe even New Mexico. Everyone loves to go to Vegas!

I was thinking that maybe late March or early April would be a great time to go to Vegas -- not too hot.

If there was a few AFOLs in Vegas that could help coordinate a place to meet that would be great.

I had in mind maybe just a Friday afternoon and Saturday event. Something small and easy to plan for starters. I believe it could be feasible with only 20 or 30 participants. It would be strictly NOT-for-profit. The entry fees would only be sufficient to cover the costs. The more people who come the less the cost would be.

Is anyone out there interested?

If you are interested and reply, please include a few things:
  1. Where you live.
  2. If you would be interested in helping plan the event.
  3. Which date would work best for you March or April, if you have a specific date please include it.
  4. Some events you would like to see.
  5. If you would like to have a public viewing session or just all private.
  6. If you happen to live in Vegas and would like to help with the event, a meeting place that might work.
Please note: What happens in Vegas--stays in Vegas! :) Now if that is incentive enough!