 Organizations / United States / 166
Re: CFD: Subgroups for lugnet.org.us & lugnet.trains.org
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 01:37:17 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:
I'd like to hear from the various groups/clubs and see what they think about
this.  This would all be very easy to set up given the existing structure,
so please don't by shy.  :)

I'm all for it!  :-,

The only drawback I can see is potential for confusion for prospective new
members; e.g. someone from the SLC, Utah area wouldn't necessarily know off
the bat that the newsgroup lugnet.org.us.wafol would be the place to look for
others in the area.  But this is easily solved in two ways -- first to have
some descriptive text for the different groups at the
http://www.lugnet.com/org/us level (which there already is!) and second to
have folks such as myself watch the .loc.us.ut* heirarchies for new posters.

Um, in other words, I think it'll work great!  :-,

Cheers,
- jsproat