 Organizations / United States / 101
Re: Chicago Legofest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 04:39:02 GMT

At 03:34 AM 10/21/1999 , Larry Pieniazek wrote:
I'm interested but can't commmit to a date at this time, too far in
advance. (anything more than 3 days seems too far, these days) Plan
around me and if I can, I will.

As of now, it doesn't seem like there is a whole lot of interest in the
event.  I know it would *really* help if I knew how many people we were
dealing with in GMLUG and especially how many live in Chicago.  Chicago
maniacs are not notorious for coming out of the woodwork :)

As to the site, your school sounds great IF it is free. Almost any free
site is better than almost any paid site. I don't think outside ever
works well no matter what the season.

Yeah, I'm sure I could work out something with the school to keep it
free.  I see where you're coming from on the outside thing too.

What would be nice is to do something like this in a public location but
get something going similar to Mindfest where there are robotic models and
different exhibits.  Make it a little bigger than just a Legofest, and
involve people who are interested in Lego but not necessarily involved
online.  It would be a great way to promote the hobby.  Though the idea is
there, where could something like this take place [in Chicagoland]?  And
would there be enough interest for something like this to even work??

-Tim <><

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.ldraw.org
AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114

Bumper Sticker: 'I'd punch you in the face, but [poo] splatters.'