 Organizations / Canada / VicLUG / * (-5)
Subject:
hi there lugnet.org.ca.viclug
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.viclug
Date:
Fri, 6 Mar 2015 20:39:17 GMT
(canceled)

Re: VicLUG @ Local Train Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.viclug, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic
Date:
Wed, 19 Sep 2007 12:29:59 GMT

Bravo, very nice work gentlemen. The pictures were tip-top.

Thanks

Re: VicLUG @ Local Train Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.viclug, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic
Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2007 15:39:07 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.viclug, Gail Meagher wrote:
Looks like a great display.  I really enjoyed the pictures.

Thanks! We even have some video by Joseph:

22mb inside track pan

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/silversmurfer/VicLug/2007-viclug-train/trainshow-movies/mov00611.avi

32mb outside track pan

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/silversmurfer/VicLug/2007-viclug-train/trainshow-movies/mov00612.avi

74mb slow outside detail pan

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/silversmurfer/VicLug/2007-viclug-train/trainshow-movies/mov00613.avi

I have a couple of questions.  Where did someone get the 1x1 bricks with studs
on four sides in _red_ used on the tops of the lamp posts seem here:
I see a few for sale on BrickLink, but I don't think they have appeared in a
set.

Those were my design (http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/33605). I went nuts on
Bricklink and bought enough parts for 30 lamposts. The most annoying piece was
the "tap" which, in combination with the "post" determined what the colour would
be. I think red works though.

I get the Evil Dead reference with the chainsaw hand and shotgun, but I don't
understand the teddy bears

You'd have to ask Joseph. He's just like that. The Fabuland band is his as well.

Re: VicLUG @ Local Train Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.viclug, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic
Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2007 15:07:22 GMT

Looks like a great display.  I really enjoyed the pictures.  Cool brick built
trees

I have a couple of questions.  Where did someone get the 1x1 bricks with studs
on four sides in _red_ used on the tops of the lamp posts seem here:
I see a few for sale on BrickLink, but I don't think they have appeared in a
set.

I get the Evil Dead reference with the chainsaw hand and shotgun, but I don't
understand the teddy bears
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2726435 .  Cool anyway, but what
are they a reference to?

Gail Meagher
Unafraid to admit that I just don't understand most things :).
NovaLUG

In lugnet.org.ca.viclug, Ted Godwin wrote:
Well, we pulled it off and there are some pictures online:

Joseph: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=276292
Me: http://www.flickr.com/photos/holgrove/sets/72157602038568720/
John: http://www.flickr.com/photos/j1a3l5/sets/72157602038813636/

Not as big as layouts by you real trainheads but we were pleased with the
result and are already talking about next year.

Re: VicLUG @ Local Train Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.viclug, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2007 17:38:45 GMT

Well, we pulled it off and there are some pictures online:

Joseph: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=276292
Me: http://www.flickr.com/photos/holgrove/sets/72157602038568720/
John: http://www.flickr.com/photos/j1a3l5/sets/72157602038813636/

Not as big as layouts by you real trainheads but we were pleased with the result
and are already talking about next year.

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact