 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7807
  Water Tank in 8454?

I was thinking, could a water tank be placed inside 8454 Rescue Truck? You know, like place a plastic tank and a Lego Technic air tank to help the water shoot through the cannon on top of the truck with pressure? Has anyone tried or thought of this? (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Water Tank in 8454?

(...) Going off of what little I remember from seeing this model over four months ago, I believe the back half of it can be emptied out fairly well if you're willing to strip out the engine. You might also need to disable a fair amount of the (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Water Tank in 8454?

(...) Really? Well I saw some of the picture and basically the whole truck is empty, so I don't think taking out the engine would be necessary and as for the steering mechanism....well I have to buy the model to actually see how it is and how much (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Water Tank in 8454?

(...) It's also kinda tiny. I think the whole thing was maybe 16" long, 6" wide, and 5" tall. I don't have any pneumatic reservoir tanks, so I don't know how small they are, but I think you've only got a couple of vertical inches to work with, and (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Water Tank in 8454?

And right behind the cab are two opposing doors with some (...) Oh that is weird. When I looked at the Technic site at www.lego.com/technic, it showed that both side doors could be opened at the same time, or was it an error? Oh so that is the (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Water Tank in 8454?

(...) place to (...) as much (...) I have a Technic Air tank and from the pictures I've seen of the 8454 it should fit in there. But dont you need two? One for air and one for water?? (...) Technic (...) Off-Roader). I (...) into an (...) instead (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Water Tank in 8454?

I'm thinking that if you mount the tank vertically, and use the top hose for air input - and then use the bottom hose for water - then you shouldn't have too much problem with back-flow - as long as you are careful not to overfill the tank (maybe (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Water Tank in 8454?

(...) Hi, Without trying it I think it will be hard to get a good jet of water because your hoses will be constricted on the way at each 'T' & port, and the end of your hose will be the same constriction or wider. I would think that you will need to (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Water Tank in 8454?

(...) It's hard to say. It's a proven fact that some Toy Fair sample models don't reflect final designs, and some aren't constructed correctly (I once saw Jango's Slave I with the wings mounted backwards), so it's possible that both doors are (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Water Tank in 8454?

(...) Depends on how you want to do things. While the large SuperSoaker squirtguns use small air-tanks to supplement the pressure in the water tank, the smaller ones combine the air and water in the same tank. This sounds like it will be even (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Water Tank in 8454?

(...) The more water you put in, the less air you have capacity for. If you make sure that you don't fill more than 1/4 of your total air capacity with water, you might be able to blow the entire load with one charge. The downside is you'd need to (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Water Tank in 8454?

(...) If you can fit two tanks in there, how about putting water in both, pressurizing them both, and combine them in a single T right at the base of the water cannon? (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Water Tank in 8454?

(...) The overall volume remains the same. What is the best ratio for space given to water and space given to air? Just make sure there is enough space provided for compressed air which is the propellent. Although, having a tank for water and a (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Water Tank in 8454?

I'm a big fan of building sets using only box cover pictures. I can tell you for a fact that even the box-cover photos don't necessarily reflect exactly what you get inside. For example, I recently bought Hagrid's Hut, and the cover photo shows (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)