 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17509
  Re: Walker useing new leg design

(...) You might find that the beams that pull the leg sideways are under enough tension with a large version to cause problems though, especially if moving over difficult terrain. ROSCO (17 years ago, 22-Oct-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Walker useing new leg design

(...) (Bright blue or bright green in that image depending on direction of travel) ROSCO (17 years ago, 22-Oct-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Walker useing new leg design

(...) > Ha! That wasn't whining, that was just idle wishing! You wait 'till I've got up > a good head of steam, and *then* I'll show you some whining! ;-) > oh yay - next year will be no Cicada's but a room full of Brian whining. I'd like to sign up (...) (17 years ago, 23-Oct-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Walker useing new leg design

(...) hummmmm, maybe Im not understanding. as I see it, all the "weight" is at the one pivot point in the leg that attaches to the "frame." (the thick black line in Philo's Gif.) Chris (17 years ago, 23-Oct-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Walker useing new leg design

(...) But weight is not the only force happening - something has to move it laterally. When the leg is pulled sideways the link doing the pulling is in tension, the heavier the bot is, the more tension there will be. ROSCO (17 years ago, 24-Oct-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)