 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13547
13546  |  13548
Subject:
Topple Tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 02:47:26 GMT

Thanks to the suggestion of John (to use an RCX as a counterweight), I
realised this was absolutely the way to go on this Topple Tower model idea I
had.  I have no wiring routing issues (it would have been impossible
otherwise).  Here's what I've got so far.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=119520'

I've ordered 35 (unusual capacity!) grey seats off of BrickLink, so it will
look much nicer, too. :)  When I start to realise the scale I started in,
this is going to be one of the biggest flat rides I've done.

Background info:

3 Topple Towers by HUSS will premiere in the year 2005.  Walibi Loraine
(best park name ever), Bellewaerde in Belgium, and Zhuhai Ocean Hotspring in
China will be the first recipients of this incredible new, thrilling family
attraction.  Designed for children 120 cm and higher, the aboslutely new
ride motion is totally unique and only from HUSS.  The machine is a 4 axis
ride.  The ring of seats rotates with 8 r/min, the ring is rising up the
tower with a height of 15 metres, the tower is tilting at 60 degrees in each
direction via servohydraulics, and the entire base turret is also rotating.
At Bellewaerde and Walibi Loraine, the top of the tower will be fitted with
a giant "Dodo bird" head, with a special gearmotor to always ensure that the
head of the bird is facing the ground.

HUSS Machininfabrik GmbH of Bremen, Germany, is the world's leading producer
of flat rides.  With a newly formed company direction in the year 2000, HUSS
moved in a bold new direction of "Giant Rides" starting with Giant Top Spin
(Tomb Raider: The Ride at Paramounts Kings Island), Giant Frisbee
(Sledgehammer at Bobbejaanland and Delirium at Paramounts Kings Island, as
well as 3 others), Jump2 (Sledgehammer at Paramount Canada's Wonderland),
and now Topple Tower.  HUSS' attention to robustness, absolute highest
quality and overbuilt German engineering are a testiment to their strives to
provide joy with absolute German seriousness, and safety.

Track the progress of Bellewaerde's "El Volador":  http://tinyurl.com/3nu2p
HUSS Machinenfabrik, GmbH:  http://www.hussrides.com/

    Iain