 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13543
  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) (URL) seems kinda... odd. The instant it starts to move in one direction, it's going to "snap" over and that's the end....? Iain (19 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Yeah, the center of gravity of the whole assembly is ABOVE the beam, so the whole thing is by definition unstable. Weird. I didn't quite get it either. Are we missing something? My thinking is (and I built a quick model from LEGO) that we (...) (19 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) So back to the T, right? (...) Without saying too much, I think it might be a good idea for the moment to stick to Home Depot supplies. :-/ Iain (19 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Well, be aware the tiltiwhatever the hell was a "live" contest. The students had to control their machines using air pumps by hand or something and they were given like four air lines into the machine from a stationary control point. Calum (19 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) It wont just topple as it is "spring" return to centre...This puts the whole system in dynamic oscillation (especially with the 8lb ball swinging...) groked more of the orifinal MIT site. 2001 contest table details here (URL) shaft is hollow (...) (19 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)