 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13140
Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 13:31:56 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Tanvir Mahtab wrote:
I also think that, whilst you may not know Derek, I know him to be a
pretty even tempered sort of fellow.  So ytou lumped Derek in with all those
mean nasty profane individuals who used bad language.

It's true, I don't know Derek.  I'm sure he's a nice guy.  For all you know, I
might be too.  But Derek's last post wasn't "nice."  My response was
commesurate.

you grouped us all together.

You criticize me, and yet you call me "obsessed", and lump me with quite a few
groups of "obsessed" people.

I did say we were bothguilty of it.  So there you are.

Serioulsy, if all they ever hear coiming from the AFOL community is > bitchiness AFOL community is bitchiness--

Really? Is that all they hear?  Or perhaps that's all you've heard?  In recent
weeks, besides writing in favor of greys, I have also written in praise of Jake
and of several new sets. But I guess you weren't interested in any of those
posts.

And you weren't interested in any of my posts that were not 'kissups to TLC' or
me stating that I wasn't in the 'anti-colourchange' camp.  So we're both  doing
it--where, in the end, does that get us?  You can'tcry 'foul' on me when you're
doing exactly the same thing.

Obsessed.  Take a step back, go outside and get some air, and phrase you
concern politely, without maliciousness or sarcasm, especially if you want
them to even consider the request.

Actually, I've never bothered TLC about the bleys.  I don't expect them to
listen to me or to do anything that they don't want.  However, they are a
business, and I am their customer, and as such I'll express my opinion about
their product on this site if it pleases me to do so, as long as the
administrators do not object to it.

As will I.  As long as we're both agreed on this. My contention, however, is
that if you want to make your point to TLC, do it in a polite respective manner.

I have never been "malicious" with my posts.  I'm sorry if you've thought so.
However, my last post WAS (intentionally) sarcastic.  However, as stated before,
my response was commesurate.

As were some of my posts.  Again, we do the same thing, so no harm, no foul :)

you're not going to buy anywith the new bley?

That's your assumption, which is incorrect.

It was a general 'you' directed to folks who said that they weren't buying new
'bley' sets--I've seen numerous posts stating somehting like 'Purchases before
2004--$2000.00 +, Purchases after 2004-- $4.97"  It wasn't directed specifically
at you, but to the generalized 'I hate bley' colour group, which is what this
thread is all about.

Fine--more for me and those of us who like LEGO as a hobby.

I do too, otherwise I wouldn't be posting here.  Just because I disagree with
you on an issue doesn't change that.

Again,  it wasa general 'you'.

TLC isn't going to lose out on my purchases--they're getting more.

More power to them, and to you.

So we agree on somehting.

Dave K
-yes I was getting snippy towards the end of that rant.

You're entitled to.  Peace - Tanvir.

Later

Dave K