 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13071
Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 01:05:17 GMT

Dear Calum: I disagree with you entirely.

We'd say "Gee, that's a shame" and go one with our lives, without whining like a bunch of petulant brats who didn't get what they wanted for Christmas.

Really?  I think some people wished for the color issue to go away, didn't get
their wish, and whined like petulant brats.

We wouldn't write "open letters" to the CEO's of large toy companies to get them to revert to decisions already made across multiple product lines and millions of dollars of inventory.

Nobody asked you to write any such letters.  But don't slander the right of
others to do so.

We wouldn't make flagrant accusations of Lego employees of being untruthful and demanding resignations from people we have a passing knowledge of.

I don't recall ever having done such a thing.  But you're right, those who do so
are wrong.

We wouldn't continue flaming along this stupid topic for several months on end.

Most of the flaming has been done by people who are opposed to people opposed to
the color change.  They are the ones most prone to using foul and derogatory
languange.

Why do AFOLs continue to live in some sort of fantasy world where they think
their clever little petitions and posts will do anything constructive!?

Because most things in this world were achieved by people who took a stand for
the ideas they believed in, no matter how trivial, or how unpopular their
opinion.

God, people make me so frustrated...

The world would be simple if everyone had the same opinion, wouldn't it?

You know why you're being "crapped on"?

Yes, because certain poeple can't tolerate opinions that differ from their own.

It's time to change the discussion topic.  Change the channel!

Be my guest.  Nobody forces you to read postings related to the color change.
Don't blame others for what you choose to read.  But let me (and others) watch
this channel if we prefer.

No hard feelings from my reply I hope (plastic bricks aren't worth them).  This
reply is written in the spirit of debate.  So cheers!