 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13044
Re: stepping up to the dead horse (was some other title)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 17:35:03 GMT

<snip>

HEY (ADMIN), I "double dare" you to cancle EVERY POST I have ever written since
day one.

then what dave?  sure 90% of my stuff goes away, but what about the 10% of
USEFUL stuff that was actually good.

Prove to me that the "system" has checks and balances to prevent that abuse.

my point. IT DOSEN'T

----------------end example------------

I hope today is slow casue I want to do this all day!

:)

Chris

And whereas I agree that the potential is there, I do not usually fall for the
'slippery slope' situation--if we're having a good time in o.t.foo and someone
locks out your account in the spirit of 'good fun' (and it really really was
'cause I laughed, therefore, as the colour issue people state, if I believe it,
everyone must believe it and therefore it must be true and indisputable!!) then
the 'checks and balances' of the system do not apply.  FOr example, if you were
in rtlT and you 'double dared' an admin to do it, even if Janey sent the admin a
pic of her cleavage (whether she did or didn't last time, I'll not presume ;) )
it wouldn't have happened.

Much like the Fight Club--what happens in the Fight Club, stays in teh Fight
Club--you broke rule number 1!

Dave K

Dave are you ready for this.....

I just was sent an e-mail warning me that this VERY discussion we are haveing
~COULD~ get me banned!

NOW to be fair.  this person was NOT an admin (rather someone in the know)  but
I have no reason to disbelive this person.  For obvious reasons I wont e-mail
and "tell."

So dave.  splain me THAT!

I will re-reply to your mesage again.

BUT I thought I'd put this out as an FYI.

Chris