 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13011
Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 03:57:21 GMT

"Richard Noeckel" <shroud_of_kung_fu@hotmail.com> wrote:

Y'know, what you wrote was o.k. Iain, an' actually kinda funny.
But in general, it seems like rtlToronto is against any attempt to resolve • the
color issue that is paramount to some people.

I think you'll find that in general (obviously I can't and won't speak for
everyone in our group) the people of rtlToronto are far more laid back and
have more of a desire to "have fun" then to panic over a 2-shade Panatone
difference in a colour.  It's a toy.  It's a children's toy.

I will now honestly try to see this from their side.  To facilitate this I
will use examples of some things that I also enjoy passionatley.

"Oh my god!  They turned on the trim brake on Raptor at Cedar Point!
NO!!!!!!!!  Now it will go so slow!!!"

"They put seatbelts on all the Mondial rides at Canada's Wonderland!
NOoooooo!!!!  I'll never ride another Mondial ride again!  I am so
offended!"

"They swapped out all the YAN grips for Poma Omega grips on the Express Quad
at my local resort!  NOooooO!!"

"They discontinued Linear Guided Drive type DFM and replaced it with a
horrific DFM-B!  It is so ugly!  Noooo!!!  Now my pick and place
applications are forced to look ugly!"

Honestly, I would just die.

Oh wait, no I wouldn't.  Because you know what?  I'd open the front door and
realize that there is more to life than this.

I really, really, honestly do hope that one day TLG completely • discontinues
their Robotic line, and replaces all Mindstorm and Technic with Bionicle.

It pretty much has been discontinued, and life went on.  I am happy with the
sets I have, and I continue to enjoy them.  Technic is a shaddow of its
former self, and I accept that and moved on.  It's not my decision, and I
have other interests in life.

I just wanna kick some ass!

Cool!  Meet me at the rock at 5.30!  ;)

I'm moving to Germany where all the kewl people are,

...and there you will find the best flatrides in the world.  Enjoy!

    Iain