 Organizations / Canada / OBB / 309
Subject:
2010 Toronto Christmas Train Show wrap-up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.trains, lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 2010 20:15:06 GMT

Videos will show, but to whet your appetites....

The 2010 Toronto Christmas Train SHow was a very big success!

It was due to the diligent efforts of all the persons displaying--

John with his beautiful houses scene and wind turbine Bill with this Dora/Emerald night setup Jeff, Derek and Oliver with their train display Iain with his space SHIPs Calum with his space SHIP Jenn with her LEGO Christmas Mosaic Jeff and me with our Classic Space layout Jeff with this Space Engineering Bay

Pics here--

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sparky1701/sets/72157625317385993/

A few notes--

I so appreciated everyone that displayed and helped with the show (which includes you, Elizabeth! Thanks for your efforts as well! (and the muffins!!))

Oliver was fantastic in helping out where I needed him--Thanks Oliver!

The track powered monorail was a wonder to see, and easy to set up (same as setting up battery-run monorails). I have to figure out a better ‘brush system’ to keep the electrical contacts touching. Have ideas but that’ll take time...

I made up more powered track at the show for yet another loop.

The kids loved the layout at floor level. A few issues with touching (and breaking), but that’s with every show.

Ummm, whate else?

Seriously, we got huge compliments from show attendees and show organizers. The display was fantastic--again, thanks to the people above.

With that, I’m off to find a muffin and going to recuperate some of my energy

Dave K

Re: 2010 Toronto Christmas Train Show wrap-up
In lugnet.org.ca.obb, David Koudys wrote:
   Videos will show, but to whet your appetites....

snip

Video as promised--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wViakQJpkd0

Comes in just over 8 minutes

Enjoy!

Dave K

Re: 2010 Toronto Christmas Train Show wrap-up
In lugnet.org.ca.obb, David Koudys wrote:
   In lugnet.org.ca.obb, David Koudys wrote:
   Videos will show, but to whet your appetites....

snip

Video as promised--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wViakQJpkd0

Comes in just over 8 minutes

Enjoy!

Dave K

Killer little layout, Dave! I’m forwarding the linkie to Ross! It inspires me to get building on mine!

Great vid-- tell me that is you playing the pie ana! :-)

JOHN

Re: 2010 Toronto Christmas Train Show wrap-up
   In lugnet.org.ca.obb, David Koudys wrote:
   In lugnet.org.ca.obb, David Koudys wrote:
   Videos will show, but to whet your appetites....

snip

Video as promised--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wViakQJpkd0

Comes in just over 8 minutes

Enjoy!

Dave K

Killer little layout, Dave! I’m forwarding the linkie to Ross! It inspires me to get building on mine!

Jeff vW and I agreed that bigger layouts =! better layouts sometimes. We did a show a few years back that took basically 2 days just to set up.

A 7.5 x 10 foot layout is just about perfect (at least for now)--enough to not look too crowded yet have 3-4 separate loops of stuff moving around. For a space layout that’s easy--we can go up instead of out :)

We’re getting a little better at setup as well--we were in the doors a little after 7 a.m. and had the layout (mostly) done right before the ‘throngs of’ people were allowed in at 11.

   Great vid-- tell me that is you playing the pie ana! :-)

JOHN

That was ! me....

I has my grade 6 in dat dere pie-ana thingy... thats ‘bout it...

Actually, it was a midi I found a while back that i just converted to mp3 for this vid.

And someone still copyrighted it. This RIAA thingy has to be revisited...

Dave K