 Organizations / Canada / NovaLUG / * (-5)
Subject:
Brickfete - LEGO Fan Fest - July 4 & 5
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.org.ca.novalug, lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.quelug, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 30 Jun 2015 15:42:56 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

LEGO fans, join us for our 5th Birthday! July 4 & 5 (10 am to 3 pm) at Delta
Toronto East (http://toronto.brickfete.com/venuelocation/)

www.toronto.brickfete.com for more info

Tickets http://toronto.brickfete.com/ticketinfo/ are on sale online until
midnight Thursday, after that tickets must be bought at the door (cash only).

VIP and Exclusive Tour ticket holders will have a chance to bid at our silent
auction for amazing LEGO items (Including a genuine Mr. Gold, Comic Con
Uni-Kitty, retired Haunted House, Death Star and more... )
See pictures on our facebook page.

Let the kids have some fun by entering our colouring contest...

http://brickfete.com/media/10517497_673185286091658_6584915652990488490_n.jpg

Tickets are on sale online until midnight Thursday, after that tickets must be
bought at the door (cash only).

We cant wait to show you what we have built!

Cheers,

The Brickfete Team

Re: I went to New Brunswick for the NovaLUG show!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.novalug
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2013 19:21:13 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca.nb, David Koudys wrote:
(In February--what was I thinking ;)

So I packed up the OBB Classic Space Layout (and the fam.) and headed over a few
provinces to the east for the NovaLUG show in Dieppe!

To start, the hospitality was second-to-none!!  We met the NovaLUGgers and had
an awesome time talking all things LEGO with them.

Thank you Dave for your kind words, and great review!
Your presence was so appreciated by us all, and by the public.
We had just over 6000 visitors over the 3 days. Pretty amazing!
Our biggest show ever.

JM

Subject:
I went to New Brunswick for the NovaLUG show!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.nb, lugnet.org.ca.novalug, lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2013 15:28:07 GMT

(In February--what was I thinking ;)

So I packed up the OBB Classic Space Layout (and the fam.) and headed over a few
provinces to the east for the NovaLUG show in Dieppe!

To start, the hospitality was second-to-none!!  We met the NovaLUGgers and had
an awesome time talking all things LEGO with them.

The venue was loads of fun, what, with an indoor amusement park with lots of
rides and pools and such!  Josh had a wonderful time just with that bit.

But the show!  Fantastic!  Technic displays, Jean-Marc's GBC, a large train
layout, and Star Wars dioramas, plus lots of other builds!  Well worth the trip!

So with much further ado, here's some links to the NovaLUG's LEGO goodness--

Day 1 (flickr)--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sparky1701/sets/72157632669414340/

Day 2 (flickr)--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sparky1701/sets/72157632672872617/

In the local newspaper--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sparky1701/8448085446/

YouTube vids--

Jean-Marc's GBC--
http://youtu.be/I0UNFJ2TRro

OBB Classic Space Layout--
http://youtu.be/ck3gNzrtxPM

The Show on the local CTV affiliate--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1YkL6sKnuA

I may upload more vids--I'm still crating one for the train layout, the Star
Wars layout and the Technic, so those'll be on YouTube hopefully soon.

Thanks to Jean-Marc and Debbie for the invite and hospitality, and thanks to
NovaLUG for running an absolutely fantastic show!  We will definitely try to
make it again next year!

Dave K

Re: NOVALug Famous across the country
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.novalug
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2009 20:16:07 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.novalug, Ted Godwin wrote:
   Just thought you’d like to know that an article from The Trident was re-published out here on the West Coast in our base newspaper:

Wow, thanks for letting us know. I missed seeing the article in The Trident. The museum wanted us to build some military ships for our display this year (it is the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic - lots of ships), so we got a 10030 Imperial Star Destroyer and used all that grey plating to do ships and docks.

Gail Meagher

Subject:
NOVALug Famous across the country
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.novalug, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2009 18:50:42 GMT

Just thought you’d like to know that an article from The Trident was re-published out here on the West Coast in our base newspaper:

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact