 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 575
Subject:
It got to Edmonton, then stopped...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 01:31:23 GMT

  I sent my 15-pound box o' trains to Steve C.s house via DHL.
It got clear to Edmonton, and then got stuck. Bad address, they say.
I've confirmed it all with DHL, and with Steve, but tomorrow, the
DHL driver will have Steve's mobile phone number, so I expect that
somehow Steve and the box will get connected. :-)

  I hope someone has a video camera that they can bring to SuperTrain
in Calgary. I'd love to see a tape of some of the crowds, as well as
shots of the trains running around the layout. (After 3 days of the
NMRA convention, I had less than 20 minutes of video, but it brings
back a lot of memories, and reminded us about things we wanted to
remember for our *next* public display! ;-) I also wound up with a
2-hour tape from the PNLTC G2K event...still pictures don't do it
justice when a gathering is that large.

  I'll look forward to hearing that the trains arrived intact. (If
you need to put anything back together, look for clues in the pictures
at http://www.baylug.org/zonker/canadian/.)

  After that, I'll wait patiently anuntil after the event to see some
postings about how well it all went, and how great it was! :-)

    Regards,

          -Z-

Re: It got to Edmonton, then stopped...
In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, David K. Z. Harris writes:
I sent my 15-pound box o' trains to Steve C.s house via DHL.
It got clear to Edmonton, and then got stuck. Bad address, they say.
I've confirmed it all with DHL, and with Steve, but tomorrow, the
DHL driver will have Steve's mobile phone number, so I expect that
somehow Steve and the box will get connected. :-)

Zonker's box of trains arrived this morning (at work).
I had to open it up and put everything on my desk of
course - most of it survived intact.  I've repacked
the box so it's ready for the show setup in one week.

SRC
StRuCtures