 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 147
146  |  148
Subject:
Early look at LEGO Arch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 17:50:55 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Here’s some early development photos of my arch:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=SRC
I intend to use this principal (developed with help from my AFOL/Engineer
brother Dallas) to make models of bridges and other StRuCtures, and sell
them as BrickSmith kits. (Assuming I’m invited into the Guild.)  The train
bridges will have two (or more) arches plus lots of secondary supports and
the bridge deck, so this monorail bridge at its early stage shows the basic
arch more clearly.

If all goes according to plan, the monorail bridge will make it’s public
debut at the NALug train show this weekend, and there will be many
photos of the full bridge in its proper context.  As for these photos,
I adjusted the span to match a “standard” 30” water-table-section, and
subsequently discovered that not only does a 30” arch correspond to two
monorail pillars, (20 bricks - double the normal height) it also matches the
height and width of my Nikolas shelves from IKEA.

You may also be interested to know that the Explorien police have
requested copies of my photos.  They are attempting to determine if private
Downey jumped, (and private Markinson tried to stop him as he claims) or
if Markinson actually pushed Downey off the bridge.  I can only pray that
Demi Moore wants to interview me regarding the incident…   ;-)

RFT lugnet.build.arch since it has the "perfect" group name.   8-)

SRC
StRuCtures (of Milton Train Works) on BrickBay
@ http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=SRC