 Organizations / Canada / MonLUG / 546
Re: mort de MonLUG - death of MonLUG
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.monlug
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 00:25:48 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.monlug, Pierre Normandin wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.monlug, Kyle D. Jackson wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.monlug, Jude Beaudin wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.monlug, Martin Legault wrote:

(snip)
It is with regret that I have to announce the end of MonLUG. Due to some
internals conflicts between members, we decided unanimously that it will
the end of the group.

Even if MonLUG doesn't exist anymore, members kept their interest in the
hobby that they like and some friendship will remain.

Martin

In order to facilitate the closing of the group it has been decided that the
membership will be capped at the current 8 active members (Martin, Pierre,
Kevin, Emmanuel, Luc, Michel, Regean and myself) and the group will no longer
expand. The name MonLUG will continue to belong to all of the 8 members but will
not be used for public displays any longer.

We all encourage AFOLs in the Montreal area to form a new group under a new name
with a new charter that will be able to meet their needs.

Jude Beaudin

Not that it's really any of my business, but I have an observation to
make as an innocent passer-by.  Martin's post seemed to say that the
group wasn't going to exist anymore.  That's fair, stuff happens.  But
Jude's post sounds more like "we don't want any new members, so to anyone
else in Montreal, you'll have to start your own group, and oh by the way
you can't be called MonLUG because we still exist."  I don't know if that
was the intent or not, but either way, you may want to clarify this
for the record for any lurkers, now or future, that may see these
announcements.  You wouldn't want a simple misinterpretation to alienate
all other Montreal AFOLs.

Regards,
KDJ

______________________________
LUGNETer #203, Ontario, Canada

What Jude said is accurate.  MonLUG still exist, but is now closed to new
memberships and the name will not be used publicly or for any event.

That being said, some members of MonLUG will soon found a new group for AFOLs in
the Montreal area.  This new group will be open to new memberships.

I will try to make an announcement concerning this new group soon.  If you are
interested in this new group, please contact me by e-mail.

Thanks,

Pierre

I can't comment on others interpretation but

There will be no new MonLUG members,
there will be no more MonLUG public event,
there will be no more MonLUG official meeting.

MonLUG is a thing of the past.

the remnants are bunches of friends

former members are free to:
meet as a bunch of friends
do public display as a bunch of friends
... as a bunch of friends

also they are free to
form a new group as members of that new group
... as members of that new group

Martin