 Organizations / 650
Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 18:58:50 GMT

In lugnet.build, Matthew Miller wrote:

[ -> .org ]

Good idea.

So what would be available to not-logged-in users? Greatest common factor?

That's a very good question; I don't remember if it's been discussed.

From a pragmatic standpoint, that seems like that'll dramatically chop the
usefulness of the site -- imagine if Google only showed Kid-Safe-Verified
sites unless you logged in.

True.

All of this needs to be worked out in detail, by the community.

But I'd expect that many areas of LF will be generally open, with a relative few
flagged as not available for kids.  The 'open' areas might operate under more
restrictions on content posting (ie, no adult language) than restricted areas.
But that's just me thinking off the cuff.

Steve