 Organizations / 309

Re: For the history books -- LUG & LTC dates of formation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org
Date:
Sat, 7 Oct 2000 20:24:50 GMT

In lugnet.org, Todd Lehman writes:
I am starting a list of local users group and clubs.  I want it to be as
complete as possible and for the history books (and, aw heck, for charts and
graphs someday) I'd like to include the official dates of formation of each
group/club.

As a first approximation, I checked in the newsgroups for the first mention
(i.e., the earliest reference) to each name.  This pegs the order of formation
pretty solidly, I think, and in some cases pegs the official formation dates
fairly closely, but for a couple of the more established groups (PNLTC for
example), the dates are probably off significantly.

Date format is yyyy/mm/dd:

2000-03-17  NALUG: Northern Alberta LEGO Users Group (Canada)

I think NALUG "technically" started about a week before this date, but the date
can/should stand as is - the official announcement on Lugnet being about the
best indicator. :)

James

Re: For the history books -- LUG & LTC dates of formation
2000-03-17  NALUG: Northern Alberta LEGO Users Group (Canada)

I think NALUG "technically" started about a week before this date, but the
date can/should stand as is - the official announcement on Lugnet being
about the best indicator. :)

Okie dokie, and you were the one who made the announcement,

   http://news.lugnet.com/announce/?n=523

so I'll take that as gold.  Updated list with "?" removed:

   http://news.lugnet.com/org/dates

--Todd