 Announcements / 523
522  |  524
Subject:
Introducing NALUG!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.ab, lugnet.loc.ca.ab.edm
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 20:48:23 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Introducing NALUG, the Northern Alberta Lego Users Group!

    About a year ago, Chris Gray and I got together and organized a meeting of
all the local AFOL's we could find, and it worked out quite well - you can see
the results here:
   http://www.graysage.edmonton.ab.ca/Toys/Lego/Meet1/

    Everyone had a great time, and we resolved to keep in touch, and meet
again if we had the chance.  We've never managed to quite get all together
again, but we have met in twos and threes over the last year, most recently
when Chris Grey, Kevin Mayne and I got together to hit the (rather
disappointing) post-Christmas sales.

    We do all keep in touch through a mailing list, however, and  recently
discussed getting a little more formal.  Why, you ask?  Well because we've
been invited to set up a booth at the Edmonton Hobby and Woodworking Show this
fall!  Tentative plans exist for a train layout, Mindstorms activities, and
static displays of Technic and Castle creations.  (I've been following the
progress of NELUG's window display for The Construction Site with great
interest!)

    We are still a very informal group, and plan to stay that way, but we
figured that with LUGs popping up all over the place,  we had better grab an
acronym while they're still available!

    Our rather rough and nebulous membership is somewhere around 10 people,
and you can reach us (or join us!) by mailing:
   nalug@ami-cg.graysage.edmonton.ab.ca

For you foreigners out there, Alberta is in Canada. :)

NALUG