 Off-Topic / Fun / 5063
Re: 1950's LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 15 Apr 2000 19:58:24 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Bram Lambrecht writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Matthew Wilkins writes:
5913 El Dorado, a pink Cadillac with huge fins (this is the car that set off
the 4-wide vs 6-wide controversy) it's 4 studs wide and 32 long! Comes with
Frank Sinatra minifig.

Well, actually 8 studs wide and 24 studs long :)

I have a Caddy at:
http://www.chuh.org/Students/Bram-Lambrecht/LEGO/land/
(Actually, this was just my memory's interpretation of an Eldorado.  I didn't
use the reference pic shown.)
I was also thinking of building an Eldorado or some other car from the fifties
in the scale of this muscle car:

Well, it turned out not to be quite that big, but still detailed.
--Bram