 Off-Topic / Debate / 7975
Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 16:11:52 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, James Powell writes:

But let's say I don't want your set.  I don't want to buy the pieces you've
collected.  I want to use the pieces I already have to build my own copy.

You're saying you'd be upset about that?

No.  I would be upset if you went and copied the entire set from the images
provided to help sell the set on my web page.  (see below)

So, in other words, "yes".

1) Fred decides Fred likes your design, and would like to have it in his train
layout, in his basement.  Fred has an extensive LEGO collection already,
though, and has all the parts he needs.

2) Fred sits down with a printout of your webpage, and recreates your set.

3) Fred places the set in his layout.

If you heard about this happening, you would be upset, according to what you've
said.

eric