 Off-Topic / Debate / 4154
Re: Cheap American shot (Was: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 16:00:46 GMT

Mark Geddes wrote:

I would throw in though that I believe our freer system of government
almost certainly amplified the contribution.

You will find that there are many forms of democracy around the world, and many
would argue that they are freer then in the American system.

Well, this is off-topic.debate, so I wouldn't mind hearing some of this.
Who is more free?  How is it measured?  I'm not even opposed to
believing this, it just doesn't fit my current understanding of the
governance of other nations.

Despite what a lot of Americans believe theirs was not the first democracy, and
not the model of democracy everyone wants to follow. It's *some* Americans

It's not even the model of democracy that we all want to follow.
Believe me, we don't all think this is the perfect system.  But it is
the best that I've seen implemented.

Chris