 Off-Topic / Debate / 27787
Re: lego from China and Czech Republic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2006 10:31:24 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Marc Nelson Jr. wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Timothy Gould wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Marc Nelson Jr. wrote:

Hey, you can argue all you want about whether people who want bricks to be made in Denmark are racist - especially since you did the right thing and posted to o.t.d. That’s what it’s here for. My last sentence was just a tongue-in-cheek rehashing of yours - I didn’t really mean the part about keeping your opinions to yourself (although you presumably did when you said it to John).

For the record, I’m on your side when it comes to where LEGO is manufactured. See here:

As an AFOL who complains long and loud about TLC actions that I disagree with, I feel I have a duty to chime in here:

I will not think less of TLC for moving production to China, and I will not buy less from TLC if they move production to China. I really don’t care if the bricks come from China or Mexico or El Salvador, as long as they keep coming.

I just think it’s possible to have a different opinion without being a racist.

Marc Nelson Jr.

Marc’s
Creations

Well trolled. I completely fell for that one.

I still have to argue there is a world of difference between saying something is a racist statement and saying someone is a racist.

Tim