 Off-Topic / Debate / 27652
Re: Introducing Your Cycle 3 LEGO Ambassadors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 22:12:36 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Timothy Gould wrote:
   In lugnet.lego, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   I’m not sure how you got that opinion. What I said was: “My guess would be that as the Ambassador program grows, there will be a greater diversity in language support, and thus a greater variety representation.” And indeed that has shown to be true. I really like meeting people from around the world, and cheerish the friendships I’ve made because of the LEGO Community.

You also said “Jake has stated elsewhere that the Ambassadors will be selected from available applicants, and that the Ambassador program would not be recruiting for representation of all parts of the Globe or all countries.” in response to my complaint the first time so I figured that meant you didn’t really care since you bothered to write it.

I don’t follow your logic there. You seemed to be thinking that the purpose of the Ambassador program was to be representative of the global, and I was trying to correct that view. Obviously the more countries that participate, the better. However, I’ve found that it is generally theme representation that is more important than national or regional representation. Trainheads from California and Germany tend to have the same LEGO-related issues, whereas a Minifig customizer and a Spacer both from South Carolina tend to have very different issues that need to be brought up.

   But I find it interesting how much you complained about the lack of globalism before, and then heralded it this time when not much has changed. Most of the globa stands untouched by the benefits of the LEGO Ambassador program. An issue that makes me cry every night as I go to sleep.

It was a tongue-in-cheek, humourous way of saying thanks given that I’d complained last time. Perhaps if I’d written (SPACE!) at the end or finished some words with ‘ah’ instead of ‘er’ it would have been seriously hilarious but I’m still in training for that.

I missed the tongue-in-cheek part. Definately keep working on that, and maybe someday, just someday, you might be able to make a post that is seriously hilarious. Keep trying Tim, I know you have it in you. The spark of humor is there, it just needs to be nurtured, cared for, and lovingly petted from time to time, and it will grow. Oh yes, it will grow.

   Once again, congratulations to all and I hope all the applicants from the abovementioned regions + the Indian subcontinent which Lenny left out try again next time.

Last time I checked, India was still in “Asia” - but maybe I missed some big geographic change in the past few days...

Last I heard so was the Middle East and Russia ;)

You think Russia is in Asia? Well, part of it is... And the Middle East tends to cover as much of North Africa as it does of Southwest Asia, which is why I differentiated that. But not that it is all that important, since both of us left out the Pacific Islands. Poor Micronesians, TLG doesn’t seem to care about them, and neither does Lenny or Tim for that matter. Once again, I am brought to tears...

-Lenny