 Off-Topic / Debate / 26293
Re: More Election Bad News?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 18:20:05 GMT

Actually, the church has no authority to issue legally binding licenses of any
sort, except insofar as the church is empowered to do so by the state.

Licenses? Or just recognition of contracts? The state ought not to be granting
licenses of this sort, merely recognizing contracts. (or in the case of non
consenting or non adult, NOT recognizing)

This is an example of the more general question... when and where do you have
standing to file a civil suit?