 Off-Topic / Debate / 15225
Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 12:52:05 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, John Neal writes:

I am concerned about the whole *idea* of portraying MFs in adult
situations when it is easily accessed by children.

Because if kids were to know more and understand more about being an adult,
they wouldn't _need_ you as much.  They could practice at being adults
themselves instead of being kept powerless and ignorant by their aged
opressors.  Man, that's really sick.

There is nothing unsavory about kids learning how to be adults.  And the only
real way to learn that (like every subject) is to practice.

Frankly, I don't care what he does with his MFs in the privacy
of his own house, but I have a big problem with him or anyone
else for that matter making this "art" freely accessable on the
net.

Well, I don't think that anything that I found on his site even remotely
violates our societal mores.  And I think our MPAA ratings are completely
screwed.  A nipple gets an R rating and multiple beheadings gets PG-13.  That
too, is really sick!

As I mentioned before, let him utilize an adult ID check if he
feels he cannot compromise his "artistic integrity" -- in that
event, I wouldn't have a problem with it.  Otherwise, he is a
merely yet another slimeball who uses the First Amendment to
cover for is own irresponsible behavior.

Or maybe a crusader attempting to bring enlightenment to the opressed.  In the
future, those who stand strongly with our fundamental civil rights will be
hailed as heroes.

Chris :-)