 Off-Topic / Debate / 15202
Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 18:03:47 GMT

I didn't bother to watch.

Violence much be eshewed as well, but there is a fine
line WRT teaching children about good and evil.  There is no such line when it
comes to the topic of sex and children.  The very definition of a child is one
who hasn't knowledge of such things, and presenting it to them forces their
childhood from them, which is, in my mind, evil.

Interesting definition of childhood-- I think I agree with the definition...
However, I'm not sure I see it as evil if one attempted to 'force' adult
information on them.

Innocence, once lost, is gone forever.  Experience comes with age.  When
experience comes before age (childhood), healthy development is almost certainly
impossible.  Anyone who would rob a child of the chance to develop normally into
a mature, healthy adult... yeah, I'd call them (or their acts) evil.

I suppose at John's response you would question what it means to "develop
normally" and what it means to be a "mature healthy adult."

I want to throw my name in with those who believe there is a difference
between good and evil.  I would challenge you to tell me when rape and child
molestation could ever be considered good (or at least, not evil).  I pity
the person whose moral values are so open-minded that they're empty minded.
If that's you, please, please don't have children.  And please stay away
from mine.

Markus
who believes moral relativism is cowardly and irresponsible.  Though I guess
you'd question my definition on those things too.