 Off-Topic / Debate / 15199
Re: If you're an AFOL and you know it raise your hand (WAS: Blacksmith Shop)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 16:03:13 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Allan Bedford wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Allan Bedford wrote:

You win.  Label me a quitter, because I give up on this debate.

(pssst!  You forgot to mention 'Hitler'!)

Steve, I'm sorry, I don't quite understand your comment.

Maggie's already covered this, so I won't re-iterate her response.

Which is exactly why I don't want to be lumped in with folks calling
themselves AFOL's.  I simply don't have enough in common with them to
warrent using that term.

And I don't use 'AFOL' because when you say it out loud, it's something
awful.

Nor this comment.  Your point is lost on me.  Perhaps you could elaborate a bit.

When I say "AFOL" out loud, it sounds an awful lot like "awful".  Sorry
I forgot crosspost to .pun.

"MOC" is another lugnetish acronym that doesn't make a very good
transition to real life.  IMO.

Steve