 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2672
Re: Possible idea for The LEGO Company
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 21:37:19 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Marc Nelson Jr. wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, David Koudys wrote:
   In lugnet.dear-lego, Dave Schuler wrote:
   In lugnet.dear-lego, David Koudys wrote:
   Recently on a visit to the local Doller Store, I happened across this in the aisle--

Yep--MegaBlok packages containing basic bricks, all for a buck.

Holy moley! Where did you see these? In Canadialand? Which province? And which dollar store (since there are so many variations)? And do you really spell it “Doller” up there? Is that like “humour”?

Any idea of a piece-count in the bags? Do they appear to contain a uniform distribution of bricks, or is it random?

What? You mean that you didn’t memorize every detail? Why not?!? You knew I’d be reading!

Dave!

FUT. OT.Clones
I was originally going to CC clone brands, but eh, lazy and all that :)

It was the Dollar Store (my bad speeling....) at Eastgate Mall in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

The pieces look pretty uniform--plates and bricks in specific colours--blue, red, white. I didn’t look too closely, but when I visit next time I’ll get the full details (maybe with pics!)

Dave K

I have a couple of these in brown that I bought at a WalMart (in Maryland) a couple years ago. I think the original price was $2 and they were on clearance for .25 or .50. I’ll see if I can find one.

Found it:

I remember WalMart had a lot of MB stuff at the time. There were similar packs of transparent elements, and maybe a windshield pack? Those might have been the same thing. The most interesting product was a tackle box stuffed with a bunch of these bulk packs.

Marc Nelson Jr.

Marc’s Creations