 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1455
Re: Love this! (was Re: Some Oxford pics)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 22:29:10 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Richard Parsons writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler writes:
Here's a scan of some of the unique elements from the Oxford Tank I've
mentioned previously:

http://members.bellatlantic.net/~drteeth1/oxford/pieces.jpg

As well as a few snippets from the catalog that came with it:

http://members.bellatlantic.net/~drteeth1/oxford/oxford01.jpg
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~drteeth1/oxford/oxford02.jpg
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~drteeth1/oxford/oxford03.jpg
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~drteeth1/oxford/oxford04.jpg

Dave!

Thanks for the trouble dude, these look really interesting.

And the quality is entirely ok.  Gotta get some of these.  I particularly
like the beret dudes.

I'd love to put a squad of these guys into a (defenceless) Lego town,
takeover style, toting their m16s and m60s.  Maybe we can inspire Lego to
start making some modern weapons and soldiery as a defensive strategy ;-)

Thanks for sharing these picks.  I just happened to catch them on Bricklink
which led me to this group.

After reading your review I'll have to pick some of these sets up in Korea.
The catalog scan is of great help since I'll know what to look out for.

I'll be sure to post a review as well.