 Model Team / 624
Re: Scania P124GB10x4/6 concrete mixer on BimP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 16:56:56 GMT

In lugnet.modelteam, Dennis Bosman writes:
One of my latest creations in put on Bricks in my pocket (BimP):

http://www.bricksinmypocket.org/models/bosman/index.html

Dennis Bosman

This model looks great! A very nice combination of MT and Technic
engineering, and it looks just like the real thing. What types of pieces did
you use to hold the cement drum together; did you use a lot of the hinge
connectors and similar parts? (http://img.lugnet.com/ld/4276.gif) It looks
quite sturdy. Also, it looks there are a lot of wheels there; which of them
have steering?

It would appear that you prefer the ungeared 9V motor to the newer 9V
motor - is this in general or just for the drum rotation? I still think that
the older one made a better pneumatic compressor, but the new ones seem to
give plenty of torque especially when geared down by 9:1.

I personally tend to prefer the new gear motors for most purposes since the
old ones, while they can be geared down to the speed of the new kind, they
lose some torque in the process. However, I have a lot more of the old kind
than the newer type (12 or 13, as opposed to 4), so if the application does
not require much power, I try to use those when possible.

-Gaurav