 Model Team / *1432 (-10)
Re: Radio controlled CAT D7R LGP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2007 16:39:39 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jordan Schwarz wrote:
   In lugnet.technic, Dennis Bosman wrote:
   Before we even know LEGO would release it’s own radio controlled bulldozer I started to build my own one in April 2006. As usual I wanted to but a set which wasn’t in LEGOs assortment anymore and after visiting a few toy shops I found my copy of set 8366. At first I was a littlebit disappointed; the steering is only suitable for racing cars and not for trucks which I mostly make. However, I really wanted to make a real life MOC based on this sets and then I thought a bulldozer would be something.

After a year I finished my MOC this week and took it outdoor today for a photoshoot. More info I will place on my website soon. In a meanwhile you can see a few pictures in my Brickshelf gallery.

Dennis Bosman

www.dennisbosman.nl

Wow! Spectacular! I’d love to see some video coverage of your bulldozer in action. I think it looks even better than the one LEGO is coming out with. I think the tractor and lo-boy are very well done also. Excellent work!

Jordan

It looks beautiful Dennis! Yes, you should make a video of it. It would also be nice to see the mechanisms inside it. Did you use 1 motor for the tracks and the steering motor (inside the RC module) to add/subtract from each side, or did you use independently controlled tracks? I guess I may have to wait until you post more details on your site.

The best part in my opinion is the use of the flat 1x’s placed in a perpendicular fashion for the treads. From a distance it looks exactly like real dozer treads. The best picture is the one from the rear where one can see right through the tracks.

Nathan

Re: Radio controlled CAT D7R LGP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2007 00:39:59 GMT

Wow! You always do great work. I think the authentic look of this model is just
one of the strong points of your style. I really like all of the technical
capabilities and details. Great job! Awesome photos!

- Eric Sophie

Re: Radio controlled CAT D7R LGP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2007 19:40:03 GMT

[...]

Subject:
Radio controlled CAT D7R LGP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2007 17:47:22 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Before we even know LEGO would release it’s own radio controlled bulldozer I started to build my own one in April 2006. As usual I wanted to but a set which wasn’t in LEGOs assortment anymore and after visiting a few toy shops I found my copy of set 8366. At first I was a littlebit disappointed; the steering is only suitable for racing cars and not for trucks which I mostly make. However, I really wanted to make a real life MOC based on this sets and then I thought a bulldozer would be something.

After a year I finished my MOC this week and took it outdoor today for a photoshoot. More info I will place on my website soon. In a meanwhile you can see a few pictures in my Brickshelf gallery.

Dennis Bosman

www.dennisbosman.nl

Re: New Moc: Mobile-Crane Liebherr LTM1070
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2007 21:17:36 GMT

Hallo Rosco

Thanks for your interesting. I also see, what you build, specially your Demag
Crawler-Crane. Very impressive and nice colour!! I like real working machinery.

One question I have regarding the boom luffing: from your pics it looks like the
drive shaft also takes the load on the "hydraulic ram". Does the heavy load add
a lot to the friction? Or did you unload the motor drive somehow, similar to how
Jennifer Clark did in her AC-50?

No, the drive shaft dont take the load. The drive-axle is 2 studs away from the
axle, that carry the "hydraulic ram". The drive-axle goes sideway to the right
side. There are a geares 20/12, that make the same moving-way as the "cylinder".

The lattice extension looks good too - how easy is it to change the angle? I
tried to build one with a sliding link for my AC100, but just couldn't get
something that looked realistic at the scale I was using.

I can fix it easy, but its (because of my little english) difficult to explain.
If you like,  send for me a email, so i will send you some detail-pictures.

Have you done a load test yet?

I make only the test you see on picture, i load with the crane the spreader on
the truck. With the lattice boom, i think i can not lift to much.

Beat

Re: New Moc: Mobile-Crane Liebherr LTM1070
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2007 20:57:41 GMT

Hallo Eric

Thanks for your interesting in my crane.

I did offset the weels from the hubs, because the pivoting-point come closer to
the middle from the wheel, so it needs not to much space for the wheels, when
they are steered.

Beat

Re: New Moc: Mobile-Crane Liebherr LTM1070
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2007 01:31:04 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Beat Schuler wrote:
Hallo Everbody

After more than one year i finishe now my third moc, Mobile-Crane Liebherr
LTM1070.
This Crane is my biggest and most complicated moc until now. Its fully powered
by Lego-motors and pneumatic-pistons. The crane's max. height is 2.50m.
For pictures and description please visit my brickshelf-galerie:

Hi Beat, good to see you back with yet another great MOC.

One question I have regarding the boom luffing: from your pics it looks like the
drive shaft also takes the load on the "hydraulic ram". Does the heavy load add
a lot to the friction? Or did you unload the motor drive somehow, similar to how
Jennifer Clark did in her AC-50?

The lattice extension looks good too - how easy is it to change the angle? I
tried to build one with a sliding link for my AC100, but just couldn't get
something that looked realistic at the scale I was using.

And I like how you offset the tyres on the hubs - it looks like real rims and
moves the steering centres closer to the tyres.

Have you done a load test yet?

ROSCO

Re: New Moc: Mobile-Crane Liebherr LTM1070
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2007 21:19:45 GMT

Hello!

Great work, very clean design!

I like this picture:

Your patience and attention to detail has paid off!

BTW, Why did you offset the wheels and hubs?

-Eric

New Moc: Mobile-Crane Liebherr LTM1070
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2007 20:44:02 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hallo Everbody

After more than one year i finishe now my third moc, Mobile-Crane Liebherr
LTM1070.
This Crane is my biggest and most complicated moc until now. Its fully powered
by Lego-motors and pneumatic-pistons. The crane's max. height is 2.50m.
For pictures and description please visit my brickshelf-galerie:

My whole brickshelf-galerie with picture from Legofest in Torino/Italy you can
see here:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=swissbagger1

Send any comments to my new email-adres:  swissbagger@bluewin.ch

Beat Schuler

New MOC: Trifecta VXR Concept Car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build
Date:
Sat, 30 Sep 2006 23:30:30 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)