 MediaWatch / 2736
Re: LEGO Digital Box brings Augmented Reality to LEGO Stores Worldwide
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 2010 13:44:48 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Abner Finley wrote:
[LEGO® Digital Box brings Augmented Reality to LEGO® Stores Worldwide]

GO Digital Box is device that uses augmented reality to show customers in
LEGO stores what a built up LEGO set looks like. To get it to work you simply
hold the LEGO set box up to the screen where a camera captures the box,
detects which LEGO set is to be found within and then displays the set built
up on top of the box. The box can be rotated and the augmented reality image
follows.

Cool. Makes me want to dust off my LDraw "augmented reality" experiments using
SSTT Visualizer:

http://technotecture.com/content/sstt-visualizer-augmented-reality-demo
http://anoved.net/2009/08/ldraw-augmented-reality/
http://anoved.net/2009/09/ldraw-and-multitouch-augmented-reality/