 MediaWatch / 2649
Re: (correction) LEGO® Expects 15% Profit Growth in 2009: CEO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 2009 22:26:29 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Abner Finley wrote:
   In lugnet.mediawatch, Abner Finley wrote:
   LEGO Expects 50% Profit Growth in 2009: LEGO CEO

Published: Thursday, 29 Oct 2009
By: Reuters

-Correction-

LEGO Group CEO corrects erroneous forecast story

By Katie Roberts
Nov. 4, 2009, 9:53am

CEO Jorgen Vig Knudstorp is keen to correct recent reports on his sales predictions for 2009.
The story claimed that the CEO was hoping to post a 50 per cent global profit growth this year. The story was written by Reuters and picked up by various online news sites including CNBC and ToyNews.

A statement from LEGO explained: “Jorgen Vig Knudstorp has confirmed that he was misquoted in an interview published on Reuters.

“What he commented on was LEGO Group growth in sales for 2009. He did say that he expected a two-digit growth in sales for 2009 - approx. 15 per cent, not 50 per cent as quoted.”

http://www.toynewsmag.com/news/31823/Lego-CEO-corrects-eroneous-forecast-story

-end of report-

Ever hear the one about the guy who walks into his boss’ office and asks for a 15% raise? The boss wrings his hands and says, “Gosh, that’s an awful lot. Let me think about it.” The next day the boss comes back and says, “I’m sorry, but I can only do 25% for you,” because, of course, he misheard 15% as 50%.