 MediaWatch / 2344

Re: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2007 00:36:53 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.mediawatch, Nelson Yrizarry wrote:
   In lugnet.mediawatch, John Gerlach wrote:
   LEGO press release

First three paragraphs (only because I don’t want to cut&paste the entire article):

NEW YORK, June 18 /PRNewswire/ -- LEGO Group, the world’s leading construction toy manufacturer, today announces a partnership with Lucasfilm Ltd. to produce building sets based on the Indiana Jones franchise -- one of the most globally successful movie series ever made.

Article & Photo (page 6) Article

This is from Monday’s Wall Street Journal. The print copy (section B front page and page 4) shows that the thing he is holding is a snakey new bull whip piece.

-Matt :)

   Three worldwide blockbuster films, and the highly anticipated May 2008 premiere of the new Indiana Jones movie, will provide inspiration for a series of highly iconic and action-packed build-and-play adventures of the rogue archaeologist and hero.

“There is such a natural synergy between Lucasfilm and LEGO enthusiasts of all ages that makes combining our stories with the LEGO play pattern an easy decision,” said Howard Roffman, President of Lucas Licensing. “We are thrilled to have a chance to share the history and success of LEGO Star Wars with another Lucas franchise.”

JohnG, GMLTC

This is confirmed.

Looking forward to the new movie and the LEGO sets next year...

“Big Daddy” Nelson Yrizarry
LEGO Ambassador

Re: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones