 MediaWatch / 2121
    The End of Lego (was: Massive Layoffs At Lego (in Enfield, CT)) —Jim Hughes
   (...) Read the news today, oh boy (sorry for such an obvious quote, I could'nt resist). Why is anyone suprised by this? Lego has stated for the last 2 years that this was going to happen. Here's the thing: I dont think this is the worse news you are (...) (18 years ago, 21-Jun-06, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general) !

        Re: The End of Lego (was: Massive Layoffs At Lego (in Enfield, CT)) —Raphael Jacquot
     (...) that will work until the chinese start asking for the same sort of pay and benefits we have been having for a while. see for instance apple's 2 months in india. day 0 : apple announces that they open a huge development center in bangalore un a (...) (18 years ago, 21-Jun-06, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

        Re: The End of Lego (was: Massive Layoffs At Lego (in Enfield, CT)) —Gerhard R. Istok
   (...) Very well stated Jim!! Today we mainly know that KKK is the principal owner of Lego. But his older sister Gunhild also owns a big chunk of Lego, as Jim has aready stated. Here's a 1958 picture of them (along with their late younger sister (...) (18 years ago, 21-Jun-06, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)