 MediaWatch / 2086
Re: Bill Swanberg Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2006 04:00:29 GMT

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006, Marc Nelson Jr. wrote:

Here's an update from the
<http://www.oregonlive.com/news/argus/index.ssf?/base/news/1145655160296990.xml&coll=6
Hillsboro (OR) Argus>:

{Senior Deputy District Attorney Jeff Lesowski said William A. Swanberg, 40, of
Reno, Nev., made a profit auctioning Legos, stolen mostly from Target stores, on
two online auction sites - eBay and Bricklink.com. The latter is a site
specifically intended for Lego sale and trade.}

So they can use Ebay's preferred (silly) capitalization, but can't get
BrickLink right?  And BrickLink facilitates trades?

{Records obtained from Bricklink.com indicate Swanberg sold nearly $600,000
worth of Legos since 2002. Operating under the name "Barter the Brick," Swanberg
sold the stolen Legos at prices that were less than retail, but still a huge
profit for him.

More of the accuracy we have come to expect from the media.  Good grief;
even his BrickLink feedback page can tell you it's "Bartering the Brick".

--
TWS Garrison
http://www.morfydd.net/twsg/