 MediaWatch / 191
  New Civil Engineer letter - scanned

Dear all I have scanned the NCE letters page: (URL) it's so big. Psi (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.technic) !!

  Re: New Civil Engineer letter - scanned

(...) Simon, That looks great, it looks to be the leading letter in the issue. George (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Civil Engineer letter - scanned

(...) I Spotlighted it and others ought to as well! Again, thanks for taking this on, it came out great. Is that Ben's bridge? Great choice for an illustrative pic. ++Lar (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.technic)

  RE: New Civil Engineer letter - scanned

Simon, Great work on getting the letter printed. The consensus that you were able to build among our members helped to make your points clearly. One thing I'd like to suggest is posting the scan as a GIF. You'll see a remarkable reduction in file (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

An excellent letter and that bridge is an excellent example too! Good job! Adrian "Simon Bennett" <simon.bennett@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:GGrnBz.wF@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Civil Engineer letter - scanned

(...) I converted it to an 8-1/2" x 11" PDF (369KB) and reposted it at: (URL) letter, great response. -Rob. (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: New Civil Engineer letter - scanned

(...) "Ben" was the crucial hint for Google: (URL) already mounted quite an extensive search before, but couldn't find it. Jürgen "deeply impressed" (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Civil Engineer letter - scanned

(...) ROSCO (23 years ago, 22-Jul-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Civil Engineer letter - scanned

(...) Yes it's fine to find your own stuff in a newspaper, but I'm a little irritated to get to know about this on lugnet (linked to this discussion from 1000steine.de). I think it would have been at least a question of politeness to ask me for my (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jul-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Civil Engineer letter - scanned

(...) Ben Maybe I should have immediately scotched the suggestion that I the illustration picture came from me when Larry first posted. I didn't send anything visual to New Civil Engineer but I did include the Lugnet URL in the letter. I can only (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jul-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Civil Engineer letter - scanned

(...) irritated (...) to (...) Dear Simon, there is nothing you have to apologize for! I think this was a minor harm of my copyright and you have obviously nothing to do with the publishing of the picture. I have no problem with this newsarticle, (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jul-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Civil Engineer letter - scanned

(...) That is REALLY scary, that is about the worst engine I've ever made. Really. I hope it was featured as an example of how not to build. But I am happy, my bullet train made local news on at least one channel... (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Civil Engineer letter - scanned

(...) I don't believe you in this point. Ok, I have no example from your pages at hand, but if that's the worst of all the models you ever built, I have to say congratulations! (URL)I hope it was featured as an example of how not to build. You are (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)