 MediaWatch / 1445
Re: Modularity of LEGO (was Re: LEGOs (sic) make an appearance at ExtremeTech
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 09:37:28 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Eric Brok wrote:
   In lugnet.mediawatch, James Wilson wrote:
   I was just reading a new article at http://www.extremetech.com (article url: http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,1547466,00.asp ) about modularity of computer components, how things should be easier to assemble yourself, etc. Article uses Lego as the example of modularity (a good analogy, I think).

(snip)

James Wilson
Dallas, TX

   So my suggestion is that whenever software engineers obligatorily use the LEGO analogy, they should not dismiss it. Instead, they might actually gain more insight in the essence of modular programming if they think the analogy true and enrich it with actual compatiblity and modularity issues in LEGO building.

If only programming was as easy as building with Lego :-).

Steve