 MediaWatch / 1443
1442  |  1444
Subject:
LEGOs (sic) make an appearance at ExtremeTech
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 20:12:49 GMT

I was just reading a new article at http://www.extremetech.com (article url: http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,1547466,00.asp ) about modularity of computer components, how things should be easier to assemble yourself, etc. Article uses Lego as the example of modularity (a good analogy, I think).

But, the thing that made me chuckle was the blurb on the web site front page, where he suggests “How about a truly upgradeable PC -- one that fits together like LEGOs™?” It made me chuckle because he went to the trouble to put in the “Trademarked” symbol (superscript TM), but used the verboten “LEGOs” - something that LEGO, the owner of the trademark, would never do...

I dunno, it seemed funny at the time. Geez, I am a geek. Gotta call my wife and tell her she was right.

James Wilson
Dallas, TX