 MediaWatch / 1408
  Re: Lore on Lego vs. Legos

(...) Can you tell me the one automobile brand name that is generically equated with all automobiles? That's right, there isn't one. Most auto companies refer to their own vehicles in that style, even as part of their own jingos. This is the other (...) (20 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lore on Lego vs. Legos

(...) Still, I've heard people say "I'd never buy a Ford" or "Fords suck" or that kind of thing, so at some level it is true that people can equate a brand with all subsets of the brand. Nevertheless, your point is well taken. (...) Eeek! Good (...) (20 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)