 MediaWatch / 1402
  Re: Lore on Lego vs. Legos

(...) ... (...) ... Ok... I *have* to jump in at this point. Since when does 'sand' NOT have a plural? It has been pluralized throughout the sands of time. Merriam-Webster, and every other reputable dictionary will back me up on this. Eric (...) (20 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lore on Lego vs. Legos

(...) Excellent observation! I submit "food" as a likewise flexible singular/plural form. Dave! (20 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lore on Lego vs. Legos

(...) But "food" and "foods" are not interchangeable. "Foods" means different types of food. You can say "Some foods give me heartburn" meaning cheese and pastries, but not "Let me eat those foods" even if there's a whole buffet of different things (...) (20 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)