 Marketplace / Shopping / 9474
Re: Is there a Lego company store in Enfield, CT?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug
Date:
Sat, 18 May 2002 11:11:15 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Bob Parker writes:
I'm heading out to CT to visit family this August.  Is there a Lego company
store anywhere near the Enfield HQ?

Sadly, it seems no :(

1 source (a former S@H operator) told me that there *IS* in fact a Lego
store there, but ONLY accessible for Lego employees, and full of 'reject'
Lego part baggies, random pieces, and "damaged" sets. They sell parts &
baggies by the pound, and sets at deep discount-- on the one condition that
you're not allowed to re-sell them while you're still employed by Lego.

Mmmmmmmm!  I wonder if they're hiring janitors or something?

Anyway, I'd love to get a trip together for going down there if we're proven
wrong and there IS something that we can get into... Anyone know better?

I bet that if such a trip were coordinated, a van full of GardenSLUGs could
meet y'all there!  (Maybe we could all be hired for a day?)

Chris