 Marketplace / Shopping / 8719
Re: Weird Find at Detroit-Area TRUs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.mi.det
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 17:38:59 GMT

Same problem for me though, they only ship within the USA.

~Adam

In lugnet.market.shopping, Richard Morton writes:
Hi Adam,

You can still find these on ToysRUs.com for the same price.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN2/B00005NK0A/qid=1010671443/br=1-6/ref
=br_lf_t_6/104-3893052-2936720
Be quick though, only 1 left as we speak - but it says more on the way!
Hope it helps.

Richard.

"Adam Murtha" <adammurtha@shaw.ca> wrote in message
Is anyone willing to buy a Gungan Sub/Naboo Swamp combo pack for $30 and
ship it to me up here in the Frozen North of Canada?  Naturally I will pay
for the Lego and shipping.  Please e-mail if you can help me.

~Adam

In lugnet.market.shopping, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  Hi folks,

  It looks like it's cleaning day at some of the TRUs; I found
  something very, very weird at 7 mile and Middlebelt (Livonia):
  a pail full of polybag set 3744, the My Own Train Green Kit.
  No documentation, no instructions, no context whatsoever, just
  about 150 polybags in a goofy giant green plastic beach pail.
  Please, someone tell me that I'm not going crazy--I had no idea
  what it was until I checked the number here, because TRU shows
  the SKU as a "Town Straight" for $8 a pop.  (?)

  The other TRU that really weirded me out was the TRU That Time
  Forgot, which is located in a plaza with my favorite Target in
  the whole world (8 Mile and Van Dyke, Detroit).  They still have
  first-gen Adventurers, Insectoids, and UFO sets; if you want
  Sith Infiltrators for $15, they've got a mess of 'em, and several
  SW co-packs with the Gungan Sub and Naboo Swamp still at $30.
  Rock Raiders?  Everywhere!  (Some of these are in a secluded area
  near the registers, away from the main LEGO area, so sniff around).
  No 3744s, however, so at least it was only kind of bizarre.

  (That's the same TRU where I found Unitron Star Hawk IIs last year.
  Oh so very, very strange.)

  best

  LFB