 Marketplace / Shopping / 7923
Re: US S@H Specials, Aug 1 - Aug 7, 2001
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.reviews
Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 21:04:25 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Steve Martin writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Steve Martin writes:

If it is the one I'm thinking of, it is fairly interesting.  I'd buy another
copy for $2.50.  It is footage taken of kids during a visit to Legoland
Billund.  The premise is "what happens when I imagine the creations of
Legoland to actually be alive".  They then show some stop action footage of
that.  There is no dialog to speak of (so that they didn't need to make a
bunch of different versions to localize it).

Thanks! In this video, does it start with the workers arriving? At a later
point does it have "midifig views" of a truck driving around on the miniland
streets? If so this is a tres cool video.

If it is the one I think it is, yes.

Steve, good guess. Unfortunately this is not what this video is. I ordered a
copy and it is a Duplo themed video. It consists of 3 short programs...

Duplo themed short story about a town that lacks imagination and a small
child that helps solve a problem.

Forest Friends short story about collecting food for winter.

A word for each letter of the alphabet presented using Duplo items.

Each short story is followed by a few illustrated sequences of word
opposites (big/small, tall/short, in/out, over/under).

I think this was pitched for showing at preschools, etc. The production
values were rather low, I felt. My kids are way too old for this and did not
enjoy it at all, they got rather abusive in their comments, actually.

Unless you have preschoolers I recommend against getting this video.

The Billund video, on the other hand, were it available, is a real treat...