 Marketplace / Shopping / 4279
Re: 4565 Freight & Crane Railway for $75 at ZanyBrainy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 00:57:43 GMT

Timothy Carl Buchheim wrote:

J Stabile wrote:

All gone now  :-(

no they aren't.  I went back last night and they still have about 6 or 7
of them on the shelf.

The ZanyBrainy in Montclair, California has about ten copies of 4565
(European box) for $75.  (The sticker says $100 as the original price,
with $75 as the clearance price)

--
Tim Buchheim
After calling a whole slew of stores and talking to a bunch of really
nice ZB employees I can tell you that Glendale, Huntingdon Beach,
Northridge, Santa Ana, Thousand Oaks, Torrance, Valencia, Woodland Hills
and Sacramento are out (all of the California locations that were older
and had lower sales volume per the suggestion of one of ZB's employees.)
I got the last 4565 Freight & Crane Railway from the Sacramento store
(thanks, Molly!) Montclair is out although I did get an 8480 Technic
Space Shuttle for $75.00 ($80.82 shipped UPS to MN) and they still had a
few more I think. Brea (714) 672-9032 should still have some 4565s for
$100.00 but they wouldn't budge on the price even though I told them all
the other stores were blowing them out at the clearance price of $75.00.
I never got to see a one of 4565 or 8480 for $75.00 at any of the 3 MN
locations...
--
Bill Toenjes
(TooMuchDew)  ICQ UIN#17112614; IRC nick:  ^2muchdew