 Marketplace / Shopping / 4270
Re: Brickbay Temp URL Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 12:12:58 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Ran Talbott writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Dan Jezek writes:

I just took a quick peek,  but it looks like you're doing the same
fine job you did on your original site.

Thanks.  Going back to the original design solves many issues like having
people buy from multiple sellers at once - your cart gets cleared
automatically when you leave each store.  Also, flipping through items and
buying is much faster.

My only complaint is one about policy:  I hate the pesky pop-up windows
that many of the "free homepage" ISPs use to subsidize their service.  It's
really annoying to be surfing through a "sane" site and suddenly be
smacked with an ad offering 50 free spins on the virtual roulette wheel
if I apply for a home equity loan to pay off my online gambling debts.
I may well be in the minority,  but I'd like to see a "no links to pages
with pop-ups" rule for sellers.

There is no real way to enforce that.  Having pop-up windows in a store's
custom page is more of a liability to the seller and will cause some buyers
not to go to their store.  Therefore it is mostly to the seller's benefit to
pick a free homepage ISP that doesn't have pop-up windows.  As to the actual
content in the page, it is up to the seller.