 Marketplace / Shopping / 265
264  |  266
Subject:
FOTD... it was Fate! (also BSB piece)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 06:28:10 GMT

It was weird. This morning I wandered into the toystore in the local
mall, for want of anywhere better - the Lego selection there is very
lame. Anyway, down on a low shelf were a couple of small Freestyle
boxes. Never seen them before. Looked at one. 2-high white fences! 4 of
them! Looked at the smaller box next to it. 4, 2-high white fences in
that one too! Wow! for $5.99 CN (about $4 US). Picked it up - the only
one - and bought it and took it home.

This evening, drove my daughter to fencing practice at a new location
and went for a wander round the neighbourhood. Almost closing time, I go
in a Bargain Castle and check out the toys. The ONLY Lego set they have
is... the SAME Freestyle set. (4131) Lots of them. So I picked up
another 9 at $5.88 (not much of a bargain price, but still, OK) and now
I have 40 tall white fences and a load of little-kid freestyle heads and
flowers and such.

Oh, the BSB piece... the flowers in this set are the same as the yellow
"rosette" decorations used on the Black Seas Barracuda. So if anyone has
a BSB and is missing a yellow rosette and wants one, let me know, you
can have it for the price of postage.

So, when you see my eBay lot of "Freestyle Special Pieces", you know
where they came from <g>.

Kevin